Open Events 2020 – we are unable to hold a live open event this year but please check back here again for
- A webinar address by the Headteacher which will be recorded to access at any time – live date & webinar sign up to follow soon
- A video tour of Thamesmead and the opportunity to meet some of our wonderful students
Message from Phil Reeves, Headteacher
The present situation means we are not able to hold our traditional open events to help students and parents get to know our popular and successful school. We recognise that there will no substitute to coming to see Thamesmead in person, but we aim to do our best to bring the school to you.
On a typical visit to Thamesmead you would see the following;
- A friendly and warm welcome for students, staff and visitors alike
- A calm school as you walk through the corridors and visit our lessons
- Well behaved, smartly dressed, and respectful students who enjoy coming to Thamesmead each day
- Focused classrooms with our professional staff teaching their specialist subjects
- A clear focus on developing our Thamesmead character values in our learners
We know that many of you with children in Year 6 took the opportunity to visit us last year, so you have hopefully been able to see this with your own eyes already.
School tours – We hope that you will understand we cannot offer tours of the school at present, in order to protect our student teaching bubbles.
Details of our admissions criteria for 2021 can be found here
Admission to Thamesmead School 2020, 2019, 2018
Below please find two attachments which outline admission to Thamesmead in Year 7 over the last 3 years. This information is normally shared with parents and Year 6 students on our Open Evening, which unfortunately cannot take place this year.
– The first attachment shows the actual number of students who joined Thamesmead in Year 7 in the September of the year of admission, as per our Admission Arrangements criteria.
– The second attachment shows which schools the students joined us from.
As you can see the numbers differ slightly from year to year.
Performing Arts Admissions
Should you wish to apply for your child for one of the selected places under Performing Arts (Drama and/or Music) please complete the ‘Year 7 Supplementary Application Form for Admission under Performing Arts‘ which can be found here https://www.thamesmead.surrey.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Y7-Supplementary-Form-2021-Performing-Arts.pdf and return to the school before the deadline date of Friday, 9th October. Your child will be invited into the school to take part in an aptitude test for the subject/s chosen.
If you have any questions please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs Moss, on email@example.com, or telephone 01932 219403.
Our School Prospectus details and 360 degree photos can be found here
Welcome from the Headteacher with our ethos and values